1. Definition of the terms “Early Childhood”; “Early Childhood Education”; and “Child Development”.
2. Define factors which determine quality early childhood facilities.
1. Jean Piaget.
2. Maria Montessori.
3. Exploring the influence of early philosophers in local early childhood education programmes.
1. Development of the child from birth to eight years old.
2. Personality patterns and behaviours.
3. Working with children in the early childhood range.
1. Definition of the term “Play”.
2. Exploring the benefits of play.
3. Outlining appropriate toys and games and games for young children
4. Preparing the environment (indoor and outdoor).
5. The Learning Center.
1. Definition of the term “Nutrition”.
2. A balanced diet - a look at the Food Guide Pyramid.
3. Nutritional needs of young children.
4. The importance of good nutrition.
5. Problem – Eating Behaviours.
1. Common illnesses in young children.
2. Handling the sick child.
3. Handling accidents and emergencies.
4. Prevention and control measures.